Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Woman From Ventura Hooks Monster Fish

By Mike in Tokyo Rogers
Yes, yes, I know. This blog is about PR, advertising and (viral) marketing in Japan using new Social Media like Twitter, Facebook, Mixi, blogs, vlogs, and Pick...

But, for your momentary pleasure, let me indulge myself (and hopefully you too) into a momentary escape from the hustle and bustle of today's fast paced life to give you a short break.

Look at this! A woman from my hometown of Ventura California hooked and landed a 380 pound (172 kilogram) halibut! Look at the size of this fish!!!


Wow! What a fish. Seriously though, I wonder how many years it takes a fish to get to be this size? I think, and I'm not joking, that I must have hooked one if its brothers or sisters way back when I was fishing in Pt. Hueneme near Ventura back in the early 80's.

I hooked this massive halibut then and almost had him reeled in when he broke my line. We could see the halibut right by the shore and it was at least a meter and a half long (about 4 or 5 feet)...

But, of course, I lost it.

Congrats to this fine fisherwoman and thanks for the wonderful break.

Now, get back to work!   

-----

Keywords: Halibut, Ventura, Mixi, PR, 172 kilogram halibut, advertising, Twitter, monster fish, viral marketing, Facebook, marketing, Social Media, vlogs, Pick, blogs, fish, fish story, 380 pound fish,

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...