Monday, December 25, 2017

How I Became a Kind and Patient Father - And you can too!



(This article is a re-write of something that originally ran more than 6 years ago).


I used to have a short temper. I used to get angry for seemingly unimportant reasons. One time I even lost my temper and slapped my son... I've only done that once... But it had a huge impact on me.



I soon regretted that and wondered if I hadn't over-reacted. My sense of remorse and regret was nearly overwhelming to the point of tears.

That was more than 7 years ago. I don't do that anymore.

Years ago, I taught my son to ride a bicycle. Any parent who has done that know what kinds of a frustrating experience that can be! I was pulling my hair out. A few times I caught myself getting frustrated to the point of getting mad. 

I couldn't control my anger sometimes.... I regretted it later.

Today I rarely get mad at my son and get that rush of frustration that often leads to a burst of anger. It used to happen to me all the time. It never happens anymore.

How do I do it? What has helped me to radically change my personality so that I never have bursts of anger anymore? How have I been able to change years of habit in just a few months time?

By the power of taking notes. That's right. Just by merely taking notes every day, it reinforces my subconscious daily and has helped me and countless others to alter their behavior.

You can do it too. 

Get yourself a good $1 notebook. Every day write down your top 10 most important goals. 

Two of my goals that I write down every day religiously are

1) I am a kind and patient father, husband and person.

2) All my loved ones are healthy and prosper.

By writing number one above, I have become more patient with my son and it has also had the added benefit of helping me not to get mad when people write things to me that are not complimentary - like many of the comments I get on this blog - or on emails.

The second one just is a sort of personal prayer for everyone I care about. I figure a bit of insurance by using the powers of the Law of Attraction couldn't hurt.

Of course, writing down your goals every day won't change you overnight. But, as the old zen saying goes, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one small step."

Begin that journey to become the parent, husband, or person you want to become just by starting. If you do this every day as I suggest, I guarantee that you'll begin to see results within a few weeks.

The person you want to become, actually, already resides within you. You just have to help him to come out.


------------------

For more on this subject, please refer to:

One Easy Step to Becoming a Better Parent and More Successful at Life

Pocket Notebooks - the Secret of Millionaires and People Won't Listen

How to Stop Worrying so much and Become More Successful at Life

Make Your Own Success

1 comment:

Andrew Joseph said...

Thanks Mike. Now I have more work to do! But it seems like a worthwhile thing to do. Anger. Damn.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...