Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sex Pistols Glen Matlock, Neatbeats and More in Tokyo


Glen Matlock, the original bassist for the Sex Pistols was in Tokyo the other day. Glen was kicked out of the band for Sid Vicious back in the day. I figure that's because Glen can actually play and play well! Lots of people don't know this, but Glen wrote the Sex Pistols hit song, "Pretty Vacant." 

First I went to meet Glen at the radio station. Then I went to see him live and make a promotional video for one of his songs. Both events were pretty cool and I'm glad I went.


Glen is a nice guy

I actually did have coffee with Glen... But that's not my coffee...

The video isn't even close to being done yet. I expect to have it within a few weeks.

The Glen Matlock show was a great show. It featured a bunch of really cool Japanese bands. One that was on the bill that really surprised me was the N'Shukugawa Boys. I really like this band. Here is their hit video  "Monogatari ha Chito Fuantei" (I guess that translates into: "The story is a little bit shaky.")



But the band that really impressed me at the entire show was an Osaka band called, "The Neatbeats." Totally faithful sixties beat music and these guys were awesome musicians (as well as being funny as hell!)


Oh, well, yesterday and today it snowed in Tokyo.. The Mainichi Daily News writes: "...the heaviest snow in the Japanese capital since February 1994 and the fourth largest snowfall since World War II..."
This is the most snow I have ever seen in Tokyo in 30+ years of living here

Last year we had the coldest winter in 24 years. This year we have the most snow in 20 years... (and heading for what could be the coldest winter in more than 24 years). Question: This trend points to a what trend?

a) Warming trend
b) Cooling trend

4 comments:

Andrew Joseph said...

I love the Sex Pistols! Pretty Vacant is a great song!

Anonymous said...

Dang it!

I posted a comment, but I don't think it went through, and I forgot to copy it before I hit the comment button.

STupid CAPTCHA!

Anyway, cool videos.

Thanks for sharing them.

-PanarchistamericanHelot

Anonymous said...

Actually, you are wrong about the weather. This makes three years in a row that the temperatures have gotte progressively colder. And not just in Japan. This trend has been going on since 2010 all through Asia. Don't forget, over 10,000 people died in China, Korea, manchuria and Japan in the winter of 2011.

Andy "In Japan" said...

Notice the Sex Pistol dude is smoking a cigarette in the coffee shop. Never happen in the freest nation in the history of the world.

It's snowed in Japan's Akita Prefecture every day for almost 3 weeks in a row. Us snow bound small town hicks are yukking it up at the expense of all the big city fancies like Mike In Tokyo Rogers who couldn't manage their one itsy bitsy snow storm.

On a more serious note, if only people would just shut up and obey their lord and savior Al Gore, the weather would be much better. Hahahahaha.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...