Saturday, March 21, 2015

Congratulations! Japanese University Students! Graduation Day!


Yesterday, in Tokyo, I saw dozens and dozens of young women walking around in kimonos. It was University Graduation Day in Japan.

I'm not completely sure about that, but I imagine that, just like everyone in this country goes to lunch at exactly the same time, all the universities probably held their graduation ceremonies at the same time too... Maybe not...

Anyway, I saw many many girls in kimonos and guys in suits. The guys in suits don't really stick out because everyone here wears a suit. 

Now, girls under 40 or so running around in kimonos is a surprise. Especially when there are dozens and dozens of them.

I wanted to take a photo. So here it one. 



By the way, if you are ever hanging out in Japan and want to take someone's photo, it's pretty easy: Just don't speak a word of Japanese to them. They'll think you are a tourist and say "OK!"

For these girls I ran up to them and said, "Oh! Beautiful!" Japanese people can understand the word, "Beautiful!" And then I added, "Picture? OK?" They can understand that too!

Bingo. Mission accomplished.

See? Speaking "Japanese" is easy!

Congratulations, girls. And congratulations to everyone who graduated yesterday. Well done. Oh, to be a university student again and young and handsome!

Oh, how I envy you all! 


No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...